Visit to the Parmesan cheese factory in Parma
Parmigiano-Reggiano, the "King of Cheeses"
Visit the cheese factory of renowned Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano in Parma, in the most food inclined Italian region of Emilia Romagna.
This is a guided tour to the dairies producing Parmigiano-Reggiano where you see cheese masters at work repeating their ancient traditions to process the milk, an exceptional way to experience the production culture of the area and discover how this gastronomic gem is made.
Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese is a hard, granular cheese. It is named after the producing areas, which comprise the provinces of Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena (all in Emilia-Romagna), and Mantua (in Lombardy, but only the area to the south of river Po).
It is known as the "King of Cheeses”.
About the tour
• The tour lasts around 2 hours and it’s guided by true experts.
• Guided tours are available throughout the year, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
• The group consists of at least 10 persons
• We start around 8.00 am.
• The tour goes through all the stages of the production process.
• At the end of the visit, it is possible to buy the cheese in the dairy shop.
• Guided visits are available in English and other languages by agreement in advance.